We are excited to be able to safely gather our church again by meeting outdoors and in vehicles!
We’re meeting at 9:00 a.m. on the lawn and in the parking lot at Lowe’s Grove Baptist Church at 4430 S. Alston Ave, Durham, NC 27713. If you plan on staying in your vehicle, tune your radio to 90.3 FM, and access song lyrics here.
We will continue to post our service video live on Facebook and YouTube at 10:30 a.m., and we encourage you to participate in the gathering of the church if you are able.
Read on for:
- Safety measures we are taking
- Health guidelines we ask you to follow
- What to bring
SAFETY MEASURES WE’RE TAKING
It will be a joy to come together again after all these weeks apart.
Here are some important safety guidelines we have put into place for this new way of gathering for worship:
- We are offering a completely touchless worship service — offering plates will not be passed, Communion will not be served, and paper bulletins will not be distributed (you’ll access the song lyrics at southdurham.org/lyrics)
- There will be no access to restrooms (the service will be about 45 minutes)
- Household seating will be designated at cones spaced 12-20 feet apart on the lawn. Please sit by a cone.
HEALTH GUIDELINES WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW
Here is what we are asking you to do to keep everyone safe:
- Please wear a mask. Masks are required at all times for those 3 years old and up. We will have disposable masks on hand for those who don’t have one. This is to help everyone be as safe as possible.
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your household is sick.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between households at all times (including when walking and talking before or after service).
- Please use designated parking spaces. For those who are getting out of their cars, cones will indicate parking in every other space. A special section of parking will be marked off with signs for those who will stay in their vehicles.
- Please keep children with you at all times.
WHAT TO BRING
- Chair(s) and/or a blanket. (Some benches will be available and disinfected in advance for those who do not have a chair to bring.)
- Drinks & snacks, or even breakfast!
- For those of you with kids: fun activities for them. And we have a fun, SAFE surprise just for them this Sunday!!!
- A Bible and some way to take notes
- Optional: an umbrella or something for shade, sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions, and we look forward to worshiping with you, outside or online, this coming Sunday!
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. —2 Corinthians 13:14